FACING THE UNTHINKABLE TRAINING EVENT
- 31 MARCH 2018
ABOUT THE EVENT 1
The aim is to assist places of worship and other faith and non-faith based organisations to develop a broad but sound understanding of the safeguarding task. The training is designed to equip attendees with the necessary tools to create robust safeguarding arrangements based on the CCPAS Staying Safe and Secure 10 Standards. The course will benefit trustees, leaders and those who work or volunteer directly with children such as crèche workers, children and youth workers and in addition, those working in adult ministries for example debt advice centres, counsellors, prayer ministries, street pastors etc.
Registration – Light refreshments on arrival and an opportunity to browse CCPAS resources
Introduction – About CCPAS
Module 1 – Understanding the Safeguarding Task
• Who are the perpetrators of abuse?
• Developments in Safeguarding and emerging issues.
• Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding.
• Understanding your unique role and responsibilities.
• Statutory definitions of abuse.
Module 2 – Signs, Symptoms and the Effects of Abuse
• Who is an adult at risk of harm?
• Signs and symptoms of abuse in adults.
• Signs and symptoms of abuse in children.
• Grooming and the power of secrets.
• Exploring additional factors (race and culture, long term effects, forgiveness)
Break – Light refreshments and an opportunity to browse CCPAS resources
Module 3 – Taking Action
• Understanding your church/organisation and their responsibilities.
• The role of the safeguarding coordinator
• Responding to concern or suspicions of abuse
• Responding to a disclosure of abuse
• Understanding the role and responsibilities of the statutory authorities
Module 4 – Safer Practices
• Policies and procedures
• Codes of conduct
• Managing those who pose a risk
• Safer recruitment
• Support for workers
Legacy Church Walsall
Corporation Street West, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 3QS
31 MARCH 2018
09:15 - 13:30
PRICE PER PERSON
5 DELEGATES +
** £6 WORKBOOK INCLUDED **
03 03 003 11 11 (Option 3)
Please enter details for the individuals who who will be attending this event.
Copyright © 2013 CCPAS - Company Registered in England No: 2646487, Charity No: 1004490 Scottish Charity No: SCO40578