SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
- 14 JULY 2018
ABOUT THE EVENT 1
Especially designed for churches and other organisations working with children, and young people. It aims to provide a greater understanding of abuse, the nature of it, key signs and indicators of abuse, and how to respond well to concerns.
Registration – Light refreshments on arrival and an opportunity to browse CCPAS resources
Introduction – About CCPAS
Module 1 – Understanding the Safeguarding Task
• Who are the perpetrators of abuse?
• Developments in Safeguarding and emerging issues.
• Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding.
• Understanding your unique role and responsibilities.
• Statutory definitions of abuse.
Module 2 – Signs, Symptoms and the Effects of Abuse
• Who is an adult at risk of harm?
• Signs and symptoms of abuse in adults.
• Signs and symptoms of abuse in children.
• Grooming and the power of secrets.
• Exploring additional factors (race and culture, long term effects, forgiveness)
Break – Light refreshments and an opportunity to browse CCPAS resources
Module 3 – Taking Action
• Understanding your church/organisation and their responsibilities.
• The role of the safeguarding coordinator
• Responding to concern or suspicions of abuse
• Responding to a disclosure of abuse
• Understanding the role and responsibilities of the statutory authorities
Module 4 – Safer Practices
• Policies and procedures
• Codes of conduct
• Managing those who pose a risk
• Safer recruitment
• Support for workers
Lingley Rd, Great Sankey, Warrington, WA5 3PG,
14 JULY 2018
10:00 - 13:30
SORRY THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED
Copyright © 2013 CCPAS - Company Registered in England No: 2646487, Charity No: 1004490 Scottish Charity No: SCO40578