facing the unthinkable |
bespoke training |
vulnerable adults |
internet safety |
those who pose a risk |
supporting survivors |
The Further Learning Module
The course follows the '12 Steps to Safer Recruitment' taking participants through 4 stages as follows:
- Stage 1: Before Advertising (Measures to DETER unsuitable candidates)
- Developing Recruitment Policies
- Stating our Commitment to Safeguarding
- Using Role Descriptions
- Advertising Effectively
- Compiling Candidate Information
- Stage 2: Before Interviewing (Measures to REJECT unsuitable candidates)
- Assessing Applicants Fairly
- Undertaking Appropriate Checks
- Invitations to Interview
- Stage 3: Before Making a Decision (Measures to DETECT unsuitable applicants)
- Undertaking Interviews
- Asking Appropriate Questions
- Stage 4: Before Appointing (Measures to PREVENT unsuitable candidates)
- Making Confident Decisions
- Further Checks and Conditional Offers
- CCPAS Disclosure Service
- Criminal Records Disclosures
By the end of this course you should…
- Understand Safer Recruitment is probably the first point to deter unsuitable people from gaining contact through work or volunteering.
- Understand that disclosure checks are an important aspect of Safer Recruitment.
- Understand the role description is important to set boundaries and responsibilities.
- Understand gathering all information from interviews, the application form etc can help you make decisions after the interview.
- Understand that starting the recruitment process again can be better than putting vulnerable people at risk through a questionable appointment.
- Understanding that the CCPAS Disclosure department understand the issues that affect organisations at ground level and how it fits into the Safer Recruitment process.
- Understand that using the online Ebulk system reduces costs and is fast.
- Understand it’s important to give the applicant an opportunity to declare any relevant past history before the Disclosure process is started.
For more information about face-to-face event Click here.
For more information, please contact our Training Administrator on 0845 120 4550 Option 3 or firstname.lastname@example.org